Saturday, April 29, 2006

Fishes and cycling update

Blogging is hard without a great camera... well, blogging about your tank certainly is. The tank is currently cycling and like many nasty looking tanks during the cycling stage, the tank right now has tons of bubbles and overgrown algae. If the corals haven't already been moved over to the big tank, I may have been able to cut theg period down, but like a true Wei, patience is just not my best quality.

So in the past couple of weeks, I guess you can say a lot more has happened to the than it should have. I got a yellow clown goby and as of today, I got a bi-color blenny. Both are of course, the tinyest fish out of the tanks but still, I know it's a bit premature.

The good news is that the skimmer is coming in on Monday. After much research, I decided to go with an Aqua C Remora. I was going to get the Remora Pro but decided I didn't want to spend the extra money when the Remora should be more than enough for my tank. As an addition to the skimmer, I also got the pre-skimmer box which will hopefully do a great job in skimming the surface of the water and stop microbubbles from flowing back into the tank.

On a somewhat surprising note, the two montipora frags that Tony had given me are REALLY coming along great, despite water conditions. One dark green frag is really coloring up to a nice lighter/neon green while the other brown one's skin is now changing to a nice tone of purple. Hopefully the success will continue as the cycling comes to an end at some point in the future.

Oh yeah, I also bought a blue tipped acropora frag from the Buckhead store today... but since that's a huge no-no, let's just not talk about that for now; at least not until I can get a good camera to show it off or show off its carcas.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home