Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My Reefer Rocks order!

Okay, I've been waiting for this purchase for a loooong time. Everyone said Reefer Rocks is great, but until I experienced it for myself, it's just hard for me to confirm and spread the tales. Well, I can now finally, GLADLY say that the link I placed on the right side of this page to Reefer Rocks' website is because I'm a satisfied customer.

After a few emails to Cap'n Jer (who was as pleasant as Cap'n Crunch) on a Saturday afternoon, I managed to work through their online order process and order myself 10 lbs of rubble and about 35 lbs of base rock. The whole order came to about $100 but what was the best part was that I got to see the rocks before placing the order.

After filling my tank up with my existing rocks, it appeared I only had enough rocks to fill up about 50% of my tank. So in addition to getting some more live rocks, I needed some dead rocks to help me build my pile up. Below are the rocks I got in my order.






I'm glad to say that the rocks all have great shapes and holes to them and over time they should look a lot better than the rocks that came to me live. There are tons of tunnels within these rocks which will be great if you are trying to keep pods and not have them all get picked off by your mandarin. The rocks do come somewhat sandy since they were dug out of the ground instead of picked up from the water, but I assume all the sand/rubble is clean so nothing to worry about there. In addition to the rocks, I also got a couple of pens (that I desperately needed in my house) and a keychain which I didn't need, but it's still cool to have.

I would HIGHLY recommend these rocks to any reefer who needs to build up their column.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger Angel said...

I am glad to find a fellow aquariumist. Wonderful site! I'd love to see your live rock pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home