Saturday, June 09, 2007

From Hobbiest to Addict...

I'm not sure if I've been trying to avoid wedding planning or if it's something else that's urging me to procrastinate and not think about work... but these past 2-3 weeks I've been on a craze looking up new zoas, new corals, new deals to trade, etc. Nevermind the fact that my tank is SOOO crowded right now that I'm actually a little pissed at it. Believe it or not, there actually is a fine line between looking like a true reef to looking like a junkyard for corals and I'm pretty sure I crossed over onto the dark side.

So what would a sensible person do? Probably sell off some frags, rearrange the tank so every piece would have a good chance to grow out, etc. What did I do? Start looking for the next tank that's under 75 gallons and trying to find a place for it. At first it was a 40g breeder... then maybe a 58 gallon (I think I saw a good deal on Craigslist) then progressively it got bigger and more expensive and so on... ACK!

Alright, so my senses compromised a bit. I went downstairs into my garage where the unsold 29 gallon is still chillin, cleaned it up, painted the back, and I'm now going to put it to work. So far, luckily I have yet to spend a dime besides for more black paint. I guess lucky me I just happened to have a spare tank, stand, 150w MH light, heaters, sand and of course salt and water. I will need to get some more rocks I think but I haven't quite figured out how this new frag / zoas and ricordias tank will be aquascaped.

So now that I'm finally jumping over from just having one tank to two tanks, I'm now officially an addict. The sad part is... I'm setting up the second tank in the guest room, a room that I maybe visit once a month. If anything, this just screams MORE WORK!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home